Dear Coller Society Members,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 63rd Annual Meeting of the Coller Surgical Society which will be beachside in La Jolla, CA October 19th through the 22nd, 2017. This immediately precedes the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress in San Diego which will be start on the evening of the 22nd. I hope that you will make the time to come early to the San Diego area and stay for both meetings.
Here are a few highlights from the weekend agenda:
Hotel Information-Contracted Dates October 18-22, 2017
La Jolla Shores Hotel $239 per night
For booking at La Jolla Shores Hotel, please use the Group Code “SURGICALSOCIETY”
If you plan to reserve before or after the contracted dates please call the Hotel Reservations Department at (800) 237-5211. Please refer to the Frederick A. Coller Surgical Society when making reservations.
The cut-off date for accepting reservations into the room block is September 28, 2017.
Please note that any individual reservations that are not cancelled with a 48-hour notice will still be charged. The Coller Society does not have the ability change this hotel policy. It is the guests responsibility to keep track of their reservation and cancel within the 48-hour time frame.
- Welcome reception Thursday Oct 19th starting at 5pm at the Beach and Tennis Club along their private stretch of beach. After which, we will adjourn into the hotel for our Interesting Cases Presentations at 8pm. Casual attire is appropriate for this fun and active event.
- Scientific Session Friday September 16th in the La Jolla Shores Hotel starting at 7:25, but breakfast will be available starting at 6:30.
- Friday afternoon, those that are interested in playing the world famous Torrey Pines Golf Course, home of numerous major golf tournaments, we have reserved 3 foursomes. For others, we have arranged a tour of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, one of the premier independent research institutes, founded by Jonas Salk, the developer of the polio vaccine and a Michigan fellowship alumnus.
- Friday dinner is on your own. Explore La Jolla, where there is shopping and restaurants galore
- Saturday’s Scientific session starts at 8:15, finishing up at 12:15 with the Fry Memorial Lecture.
- Game watch will be set up, pending announcing of the Football time schedule.
- Saturday dinner will be in the Marine Room where you can watch the surf pound the windows while you look over the ocean. Please consider inviting our Michigan people who are coming in Saturday night before the Clinical Congress even if they are not able to come to the rest of the Coller Society meeting.
- Sunday breakfast starts at 7:30 after which those headed to the ACS Clinical Congress can head down to the convention center area..
More details to come. We are all looking forward to seeing you in La Jolla and San Diego in the fall. If questions arise or if there is anything we can do to assist you with planning for your visit, please feel free to contact any of us.
United Airlines Discount Code
We have partnered with United Airlines to offer travel discounts to our event. Visit www.united.com/meetingtravel and enter ZX8R932097 in the Offer Code box. You may also call United Meeting Reservation Desk at 800-426-1122 Mon-Fri 8am – 10pm ET and Sat/Sun 8am – 6pm ET. Booking fees are waived for Meeting reservations.Please note that travel must be booked between 10/15/2017-10/26/2017 in order to receive the discount.